Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

My Portfolio has definitely matured for the most part through out the entire year but some of my art as you can see just needed more creativity and effort. Without creativity this class can be very… boring. I mean the best and most exciting projects we did; we were forced to actually use our brains and conceive what our next step was going to be and originality to create our own unique project. I consider my portfolio as a perfect visualization of growth from only knowing how to snap a regular photo to taking artistic photos with a purpose.
I feel I did the best in Photoshop when we had to take photos purposely to see what changes we create using Photoshop. Those projects were extremely fun because I loved playing around with it and seeing the before and after. The hardest part of the class was memorization with the camera and Photoshop tools. Photoshop was a tad easier because I could play around with it for a while and start to remember but the camera functions were hell. The camera can do some amazing things but remembering how to use certain functions and when to use them was a bit stressful especially when it’s for a grade. The camera is where I can do my most improvement because most of the teaching flew over my head.
Throughout the year we were taught about multiple artist and their influences but my biggest influence would hands down be MS. COOK!! She never really gave us assignment and just watched us as we worked but she was extremely helpful in everything that we did. She also did her own personal version of each project which I loved to see because it showed experience and know how and they were always so good. Of anyone I know, Ms. Cook has to be the most freakin’ artistic person ever!

No comments: