Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gaurdian

There is a man in a black and white suit standing on two long tree branches that are standing on top of a tree stump surrounded by other tree stumps and lifeless branches below and foggy gray skies above.
His arms are elevated from his sides with broken branches shaped into what is intended to be wings, almost like he is trying to fly away from the misery of all things dead and broken around him. His face expresses pain and anger because it seems to be no other options other than force the impossible to be possible.
This photograph respectively portrays the feeling maybe of what animals might suffer through when getting their territory and home is completely abducted from them. The disheartened grays in the photo were excellent in making it that more effortless in comprehending the main idea.

2 comments:

Miss Cook said...

I like that you say, "it seems to be no other options other then force the impossible to be possible." That is an intriguing idea and an interesting interpretation. You have some really nice description going on as well. I would like you to challenge yourself to search even deeper and see what else you come up with.

Brittany said...

I like your interpretation of what the man in the picture is trying to convey. Although at some points I was a bit confused, I was able to grasp the whole concept of your reference to animals.